[dpdk-users] sending a mbuf clone to KNI

Alex Kiselev alex at therouter.net
Mon Jul 30 10:59:46 CEST 2018

Hi.

Is it safe to send a mbuf clone to a KNI interface?
I had a lot of troubles while doing so. At first my KNI
interfaces stoped working after a while while my application
was still forwarding packets. Then my app started almost
immediately crash. Then I changed a code a little bit
and rather sending a mbuf clone to KNI I switched to sending
a mbuf to KNI and send a mbuf clone to the second destination (another lcore).
So far, this approach works good.

So, I would say that it's not safe.
But why?

And is it safe to send a mbuf to KNI and its clone to another core at the same time?

Thanks.