[dpdk-users] DPDK 17.05 does not find X510 card

Martin Drašar drasar at ics.muni.cz
Thu Jun 21 13:02:34 CEST 2018

Dne 21.6.2018 v 7:58 Avi Cohen (A) napsal(a):
> Look at this
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8213671/mmap-operation-not-permitted

Hello Avi,

thank you for chiming in. Neither iomem runtime parameter or allowing
mmap on 0 page helped me. As for the latter, DPDK correctly maps to PCI
region, so that is not the problem.

Looking at the mmap source, there are basically only two points that
result in EPERM error. First one is related to incorrect flag
combination (not a DPDK case) the second is related to the file
descriptor of the resource being locked (should not be, but it is the
only possibility).

That lock may have to do something with Secure boot being on, as almost
the same system without secure boot is working ok. I built a custom
kernel with CONFIG_STRICT_DEVMEM turned off, but it's going to take me
some time to hammer it into the system, mainly because I am leaving for
a vacation today.

But it would be great if anyone, who has experience running DPDK on
secure booted systems, could share their experience.

Cheers,
Martin