[dpdk-users] error running two instances of pktgen

Stefano Salsano stefano.salsano at uniroma2.it
Thu Jun 28 09:23:18 CEST 2018

Il 2018-06-28 09:05, Muhammad Zain-ul-Abideen ha scritto:
> I dont think that there is currently support of multi-instances.

Hi Muhammad,

the support for multiple instances is described here

http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage_pktgen.html#multiple-instances-of-pktgen-or-other-application

but I am not able to run it :-(

Stefano

You
> can make primary and secondary processes, for that you need to change
> the memzone and mempool config.
> You can launch pktgen with multiple interfaces in same app. if you
> want to launch two instances, you may have to change the init(), e.g.
> you can see multi_process->client_server_mp in examples.
>
> I hope this helps

Stefano Salsano
Professore Associato
Dipartimento Ingegneria Elettronica
Universita' di Roma Tor Vergata
Viale Politecnico, 1 - 00133 Roma - ITALY

http://netgroup.uniroma2.it/Stefano_Salsano/

E-mail  : stefano.salsano at uniroma2.it
Cell.   : +39 320 4307310
Office  : (Tel.) +39 06 72597770 (Fax.) +39 06 72597435