[dpdk-users] Interesting considerate but annoying behavior of MLX5 driver

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Wed May 2 12:13:40 CEST 2018

On Fri, Apr 27, 2018 at 01:29:38AM +0000, Wu, Xiaoban wrote:
> Hi Stephen,
>

> Thanks very much for your help. Though I don't know if it is a overkill, the following does the job.
>

> /sbin/ethtool -s enp59s0f0 autoneg off
> /sbin/ethtool -A enp59s0f0 rx off
> /sbin/ethtool -A enp59s0f0 tx off

Note that DPDK applications should rely on rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_get/set()
with fc_conf->mode = RTE_FC_NONE to achieve the same behavior in a generic
fashion.

While doing so translates exactly to the above ethtool calls with mlx4 and
mlx5, other PMDs do not typically leave a kernel netdevice around for
external applications to play with.

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND