[dpdk-users] Using memzone for sharing memory

hom.sepanta at gmail.com hom.sepanta at gmail.com
Sun May 6 14:04:45 CEST 2018

Hi everyone. I was wondering if the virtual address of memzones remains the
same across different processes. The memzone docs mention the same physical
address is returned but there is no mention of the virtual address. A
little bit of testing makes it look like that the virtual address is also
the same, but I can't be sure about that.

The interesting thing about this for me is that if the same virtual address
is always returned, I could store and share complex data structures with
internal pointers in a memzone.

Does this sound possible? If using memzones is not the correct approach for
this, could you suggest another course of action?

Cheers,
Mostafa