[dpdk-users] MLX5 Rx HW Timestamp units

Tom Barbette barbette at kth.se
Wed Nov 28 11:01:01 CET 2018

Tom

________________________________
De : Anshu Boonapalli <anshu.boonapalli at gmail.com>
Envoyé : mardi 27 novembre 2018 16:36
À : Tom Barbette
Cc : users at dpdk.org
Objet : Re: [dpdk-users] MLX5 Rx HW Timestamp units

hi Tom,

Thanks for clarifying.

I am interested in the patch that allows the query of the current device clock values. Please point me to this patch.

-Anshu

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:57 AM Tom Barbette <barbette at kth.se<mailto:barbette at kth.se>> wrote:
Hi Anshu,

No it's the value of an internal Clock. The frequency and the base are both unknown.

We have a patch that works (but must be reworked before submission to dev) that allows to query the current device clock value. Then from there you can derive the base and the frequency. I can send it to you if you wish.

Tom