[dpdk-users] How to find an IPv4 and IPv6 hash function

Ali Volkan Atli Volkan.Atli at argela.com.tr
Mon Oct 1 14:37:03 CEST 2018

Dear DPDK users

I am trying to write a code to monitor user data traffic by using DPDK. Each user has one IP address which can be IPv4 or IPv6. Therefore I'm thinking of creating two hash tables for IPv4 and IPv6. The key of these hash tables will be an IPv4 or IPv6 address and the data of these hash tables will be user traffic (uplink and downlink)

First, is there any API, example etc.. to calculate IPv4 hash and IPv6 hash on DPDK library? If not, does anyone know where I might find any paper or writing how I can calculate IPv4 and IPv6 hash? Also is there a more appropriate data structure than the hash table for the problem?

Thanks in advance.

- Volkan