[dpdk-users] How to find an IPv4 and IPv6 hash function

Ali Volkan Atli Volkan.Atli at argela.com.tr
Tue Oct 2 21:20:39 CEST 2018

First of all, thanks you Pavel

Actually I didn't ask the question properly. I have already used the l3fwd application as basis for 5-tuple "flows" in my application. Now I just need a data structure to keep 32-bit IPv4 address or 128-bit IPv6 address, just one IP address. I can use jenkins hash, murmurhash, fast fibonacci etc.. Also I have just found out that DPDK has the jenkins hash functions. Before asking the question to this e-mail group, I was thinking of why I did not use a dynamic array for 32-bit IPv4 address instead of hash table. Thus I could fetch the data in one shot. It still makes sense but of course it doesn't work for IPv6. Anyway I asked the question here because DPDK library designed for network and maybe someone could suggest a paper, blog, a DPDK API for just one IP-based data-structure.

I apologize if the e-mail group is the wrong place.

Best regards

- Volkan