[dpdk-users] RTE_MACHINE_TYPE Error

Cliff Burdick shaklee3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 06:10:20 CEST 2018

Hi, I'm trying to compile on a machine with an older-generation xeon than
the target, so I'm using CONFIG_RTE_MACHINE="broadwell" in the config.
gcc's options show that broadwell supports the AES flag, and I verified
that the build shows -march=broadwell. However, when I run my application
it prints immediately:

ERROR: This system does not support "AES".
Please check that RTE_MACHINE is set correctly.
EAL: FATAL: unsupported cpu type.
EAL: unsupported cpu type.
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: Error with EAL initialization

This is gcc 7, so it supports that flag. Does anyone know how I can compile
for a later architecture on an older machine?