[dpdk-users] RTE_MACHINE_TYPE Error

Cliff Burdick shaklee3 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 16:37:24 CEST 2018

Thanks Keith. You are right that /proc/cpuinfo on a E5-2680 v3 does not
have AES listed. I was incorrect assuming this was a broadwell system, but
it's Haswell. Either way, I'm still not quite clear what's going on since
the gcc manual here (https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/x86-Options.html)
specifies this:

‘haswell’

Intel Haswell CPU with 64-bit extensions, MOVBE, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3,
SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, POPCNT, AVX, AVX2, AES, PCLMUL, FSGSBASE, RDRND,
FMA, BMI, BMI2 and F16C instruction set support.

Is the gcc manual specifying some other AES feature that's not what DPDK is
listing?