[dpdk-users] Why DPDK latency is high when sending message in interval?

Sungho Hong maverickjin88 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 01:36:15 CEST 2018

Hello DPDK experts,

I'am testing the performance of DPDK not on high speed polling
but sending each packet with 100 microsecond interval.

As same as the POSIX, DPDK performance degrades into 90 ~ 100 microsecond
round-trip latency per  4KB message.

Is there a way to improve the performance, when I am expecting to send the
packet on 100 microsecond interval?

And is there an explanation of the slowdown of DPDK when I am sending the
packet on 100 microsecond interval?

Any insights on this issue will be highly appreciated..
Thanks