[dpdk-users] Virtio-user exceptional path performance

Eric Tremblay ertr at kaloom.com
Mon Sep 24 17:25:20 CEST 2018

It does not work even if I do the following:

testpmd> set fwd csum
Set csum packet forwarding mode
testpmd> csum set tcp hw 0
Parse tunnel is off
IP checksum offload is sw
UDP checksum offload is sw
TCP checksum offload is hw
SCTP checksum offload is sw
Outer-Ip checksum offload is sw
testpmd> csum set tcp hw 1
Parse tunnel is off
IP checksum offload is sw
UDP checksum offload is sw
TCP checksum offload is hw
SCTP checksum offload is sw
Outer-Ip checksum offload is sw
testpmd>

I also tried using a NIC but it doesn't work either. Packets sent through the virtio-user tap interface arrive on the other server with an incorrect checksum. Is the checksum offloading broken for this type of virtual device?

Eric