[dpdk-users] Intel Xeon D-2100 i40e Latency

Gregory Bayard gregory.bayard at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 04:10:52 CEST 2018

I would expect Ethernet packet latency improvements on in the Xeon D chips
with the onboard Intel Integrated Ethernet (X710/i40e) controller, but I
was able to run some DPDK tests (l3fwd) with one and the performance is
unremarkable compared to the NIC on the PCIe bus.  Any opinions as to
whether I should have expected this result or am I likely mis-configuring
the test and latency should be improved on the new Xeon D embedded chips
for SDN?