[dpdk-users] pdump error : Invalid RX queue_id=0

TranceWorldLogic tranceworldlogic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:03:38 CET 2019

Hi,

I am trying to write application with dpdk and want to debug packets.
Details:
*Setup*: I have create VM using qemu-kvm but nic type I have selected as
e1000.
*Test*: Ping to VM IP (without DPDK I verified ping working fine)
*Application* : Application just read receive packets from nic and just
printing packt_type.
*Issue:* I wan to see what is received by DPDK application like tcpdump.
*Expect*: expect to see arp request in VM.
*My Trial :*
1> I tried not unbinding Ethernet port running dpdk with --vdev option I
able to see packets using tcpdump. It is fine but I want to explore use of
pdump feature.
2> I am trying to run my application using pdump API (rte_pdump_int()). And
to collect PCAP I am running dpdk-pdump tool but it not capturing pcap
files. It get crash. And in my application I can see "Invalid RX queue_id=0".
And at dpdk-pdump got below error.
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: vdev creation failed:create_mp_ring_vdev:706

Can anyone help me to know reason for this failure message ?

I am using *port_init* function from below tutorial link.
http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/sample_app_ug/skeleton.html

Thanks,
~Rohit