[dpdk-users] build dpdk for a cpu that doesn't support avx

Alex Kiselev alex at therouter.net
Thu Feb 21 16:32:54 CET 2019

It looks like I've found a way:

I edited $RTE_SDK/config/defconfig_x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc
  CONFIG_RTE_MACHINE="x86-64"

and then I used
  make EXTRA_CFLAGS="-march=x86-64 -mpopcnt -mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3 -mssse3 -msse4.1 -msse4.2 -mfpmath=sse -mpopcnt"

The application has started successfully.
But I am wondering, maybe I've missed something and there are potential bugs in this way?

--
Alex