[dpdk-users] KNI jumbo support

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Wed Jan 2 11:27:51 CET 2019

On 12/20/2018 3:27 PM, Liron Himi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using DPDK18.11, and I launch a KNI flow.
> We need to pass jumbo frames via KNI interface but when we try to change its MTU (using ifconfig) above 1500 we get an error.
>
> is it possible?
> I noticed that the 'rte_kni' support some network callbacks (e.g. changing MTU) but the rte_eth_kni doesn't define them.
> Is it possible to define them from outside? i.e. part of application code.

Hi Liron,

KNI PMD is not using callbacks right now, you can have them if you use kni
library directly, as kni sample application does.

And as far as I remember someone pointed in the list previously that in kernel
side, for Rx mbuf segmentation is implemented but for Tx it is not. So if kni
interface tries to send a packet which is greater than mbuf size, it will be
dropped, you may need to implement that part as well.

Regards,
ferruh