[dpdk-users] Cannot run DPDK applications using Mellanox NIC under Hyper-V

Liwu Liu liwuliu at fortinet.com
Sat Jan 5 01:35:13 CET 2019

Hi Stephen,

  Yeah we are seeing all NETVSC, failsafe PMD, TAP, MLX4 VF. We are expecting bifurcation mode where default traffic goes with MLX4_EN slave to NETVSC master to enter Linux net stack and certain flow-defined traffic shall go into DPDK RX queue rather than MLX4_EN net-dev queue. Unfortunately as we cannot define flow into VF NIC, we cannot re-direct traffic into DPDK user-land.

   In fact I am looking for a way to steer all RX traffic from MLX4_EN slave device into DPDK RX ring.

  Hypervisor: Windows server + MLNX VPI 5.5; VM: Linux dpdk-18.11 mlnx-ofed-kernel-4.4 rdma-core-43mlnx1

  Ethernet controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27500 Family [ConnectX-3 Virtual Function]

Best,

Liwu