[dpdk-users] Cannot run DPDK applications using Mellanox NIC under Hyper-V

Liwu Liu liwuliu at fortinet.com
Tue Jan 8 19:38:41 CET 2019

Updates: many thanks for MLNX engineering team, doing the following can resolve this issue:
1-	On power shell: "Set-VMNetworkAdapter -VMName <VM_NAME> -Name "Network Adapter" -IovQueuePairsRequested 64"
2-	In the registry editor, make sure that you increase the ExtraVFsQuotas percentage to be 1000 to use full resources.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1- 08002be10318}\<nn>\Parameters
3-	BlockFlowsForPerformance registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1- 08002be10318}\<nn>\Parameters
When the BlockFlowsForPerformance registry is set to 1, by default only L4 rules are allowed to be configured with rte_flow API.
When the BlockFlowsForPerformance is set to 0, then L3 and L4 rules are allowed.