[dpdk-users] rte_eth_tx_burst duplicate packets

Nutman, Richard Richard.Nutman at grassvalley.com
Mon Jan 28 12:07:41 CET 2019

It seems you are receiving in bursts of 10, but for sending you only send 1 packet at a time.
Send batches of packets to rte_eth_tx_burst to improve sending efficiency.

> Hi,
>
> I am just writing my first a traffic generator code.
> The program sends predefined quantity of frames(Ethernet/IP/UDP) in each
> seconds. It use 2 loops 1 for seconds the other for the packets in each
> second.
>
> for sending I use a while loop
>
>                 sent=0;
>                 while (sent==0){
>                     sent = rte_eth_tx_burst(eth_id, 0, &pkts, 1);
>
>                 }
> for reviving
> recv = rte_eth_rx_burst(eth_id, 0, pktr_burst2, 10);
>
> in the initialization phase I put the packet in the mbuf. In the UDP data filed is
> a counter which increasing in every second(with this I would like to identify
> the possible packet drops er sec bases)
>
> with lower load the program works fine but close to 100% of performance
>
> Forward frames sent: 8000000
> Forward frames received: 8000336
> Reverse frames sent: 8000000
> Reverse frames received: 7990793
>

> Results  in 1 sec sent 800000  recvd  799972 and difference -28 Results  in 2 sec
> sent 800000  recvd  799888 and difference -112 Results  in 3 sec sent 800000
> recvd  800000 and difference 0 Results  in 4 sec sent 800000  recvd  800000
> and difference 0 Results  in 5 sec sent 800000  recvd  800000 and difference 0
> Results  in 6 sec sent 800000  recvd  800000 and difference 0 Results  in 7 sec
> sent 800000  recvd  800120 and difference 120 Results  in 8 sec sent 800000
> recvd  799880 and difference -120 Results  in 9 sec sent 800000  recvd  800000
> and difference 0 Results  in 10 sec sent 800000  recvd  800476 and difference
> 476
>
> It received more packets than sent.
>
> Are there any solution to fix this issue?
>

> Many Thanks,
>
> Peter

DISCLAIMER:
Privileged and/or Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee of this message, you may not copy, use or deliver this message to anyone. In such event, you should destroy the message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. It is understood that opinions or conclusions that do not relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed by the company. Thank You.