[dpdk-users] ERROR with rte_eth_dev_configure() call: return value: -22

ikuzar RABE ikuzar9295 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:02:32 CET 2019

Hi all,

I work with DPDK LTS version 18.11 to read packets from XL710-QDA2 with
configuration 2x40
So there are 2 ports: port 0 and port 1. Port 0 is not linked and it is
down.
Packets only arrive on port 1. I try to activate RSS but
rte_eth_dev_configure() return value -22
and I get the following message error:

Ethdev port_id=0 invalid rss_hf: 0x3afbc, valid value: 0x7ef8

What goes wrong with the call of this function ?

#define RX_QUEUE_NUM 2
#define TX_QUEUE_NUM 1
#define SOCKET_ID 0
#define RX_QUEUE_DESC_NUM 1024
#define TX_QUEUE_DESC_NUM 0

struct rte_eth_conf port_conf = {
.rxmode = {
.mq_mode = ETH_MQ_RX_RSS,
},
.rx_adv_conf = {
.rss_conf = {
.rss_hf = ETH_RSS_IP |
ETH_RSS_TCP |
ETH_RSS_UDP |
ETH_RSS_SCTP,
}
},
};

ret = rte_eth_dev_configure(port_id, RX_QUEUE_NUM, TX_QUEUE_NUM,
&port_conf); // ret = -22

Thanks for your help,

ikuzar