[dpdk-users] Create new driver error

Oscar Pap oscarpap94 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 11:42:04 CET 2019

Hello!

I´m trying to create a new driver called "baseband_ldpc" for baseband but I
get this error:

EAL: failed to parse device "baseband_ldpc"
EAL: Unable to parse device 'baseband_ldpc'

I created the driver in the /dpdk/drivers/baseband/ldpc folder.
The file is called ldpc.c
I created a copy of the Makefile from the other drivers but changed these
lines:

LIB =librte_pmd_bbdev_ldpc.a
EXPORT_MAP :=rte_pmd_bbdev_ldpc_version.map
SRCS-$(CONFIG_RTELIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC) += ldpc.c

I added this line in the Makefile in the folder /dpdk/drivers/baseband
DIRS-$(CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC) += ldpc
DEPDIRS-ldpc = $(core-libs)

I also added these lines in the common_base file:
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_BBDEV_LDPC=y

My guess is that the error has something to do with vdev and that my
baseband_ldpc doesnt get registered as a valid vdev.

My command for running the app is:
./build/bbdev --vdev='baseband_ldpc' --vdev='net_tap0' --no-pci

I hope that you can help with this problem.

Best regards,
Oscar