[dpdk-users] What is the best threading technology when using DPDK ?

Antoine POLLENUS a.pollenus at deltacast.tv
Mon Jul 1 15:20:25 CEST 2019

Hello,

I'm developing a time critical application using DPDK that require to be multithreaded. I'm wondering what threading technology I should use ?

-          Can I use the standard pthread library and if yes, is there a trade of in term of performance ?

-          I see on this page that a lthread library also exist but is kind of limited in term of functionality:
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/sample_app_ug/performance_thread.html

-          I see also that we can launch a function on another lcore using the rte_eal_remote_launch(...)

Is there a recommendation when using DPDK to use a technology threading technology or another ?

Regards

Antoine Pollenus