[dpdk-users] DPDK-app to 2 containers - shared-mem

Yasufumi Ogawa yasufum.o at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 15:25:14 CEST 2019

> Hi,
> i need to  connect 2 containers to my DPDK-app , and to send the pkts to
> both containers.
> for a zero copy i need a shared mem between the DPDK-app and the 2
> containers , and to put a ref-counter to free the mbuf when this counter is
> zero.
Hi Sara,

It is doable if your container app is implemented as secondary process.
You can connect container apps via ring PMD by sharing hugepage between
host and container.

I have tried to deploy my application on container environment. Some
examples of Dockerfiles or docker commands are explained in my material
here. I hope it will be some help.

https://www.dpdk.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2018/12/YasufumiOgwa_Implementing-DPDK-based-Application-Container-Framework-with-SPP.pdf

Regards,
Yasufumi