[dpdk-users] How allocate IP to NIC binded to DPDK driver (igb)

Nilesh Unhale nileshunhale at cse.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jul 4 11:14:58 CEST 2019

Hello,

We are trying to build an application over DPDK. However, we are facing
some issues:

After binding NIC to DPDK driver (igb_uio), we can not see it in
ifconfig -a.
So, how to bring up that interface and allocate IP to it? We want the
interface to be up even after our application is terminated. (Using KNI
module which is provided with DPDK, we were able to give ip address
which lasts till KNI program is running, but while KNI application is
running, we can not run any other application (which uses DPDK)).

System specification :
2 machines with
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	16.04
Codename:	xenial

Kernel: 4.15.0-29-generic
DPDK: 19.05.0

Hardware:
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 v4 @ 2.20GHz

NIC 1: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller XL710 for 40GbE QSFP+
(i40e)
NIC 2: Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Network Connection (igb)

Nilesh Unhale