[dpdk-users] DPDK and isolcpus

Filip Janiszewski contact at filipjaniszewski.com
Fri Jul 26 08:17:16 CEST 2019

Hi,

I've configured a bunch of my box cores with isolcpus and nohz_full in
the attempt to squeeze a little more performance out of them, but,
apparently I can't use those core in DPDK anymore as it seems that
rte_lcore_count reports only core which are not isolated, also I can't
launch any thread (rte_eal_remote_launch) on those cores.

In my understanding
(http://doc.dpdk.org/spp-18.02/setup/performance_opt.html) I should be
able to "Use the isolcpus Linux kernel parameter to isolate them from
Linux scheduler to reduce context switches. It prevents workloads of
other processes than DPDK running on reserved cores with isolcpus
parameter." but can't make it work.

Which is the correct way to bind DPDK threads to isolated cpus?

Thanks

--
BR, Filip
+48 666 369 823