[dpdk-users] [rte_flow]How to redirect all non matching traffic to a specific queue

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Mon Jul 29 16:44:27 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 03:17:14PM -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 11:46:17 +0000
> Antoine POLLENUS <a.pollenus at deltacast.tv> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem in my DPDK implementation,
> >
> > I'm redirecting/filtering ingress traffic to a specific queue depending on the udp port using rte_flow.
> >
> > Now that I have that I would like to redirect all non-matching packets to a specific queue.
> >
> > How can I do that with RTE_FLOW ?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your answer.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Antoine Pollenus
>
> rte_flow supports INVERT as a pattern match. That is what you want.
> Not all hardware supports it.

Just checked, unfortunately no driver supports this pattern item at the
moment.

Assuming the intent is to dedicate a queue or a set of queues to matching
traffic and a different set to leftover traffic *without* overlap between
the two, you can rely on priorities as a workaround:

- Rule with priority 0: match specific UDP ports and redirect that to a
  specific queue (QUEUE action) or a group of queues (RSS action).

- Rule with priority 1: match everything (i.e. empty pattern) and spread
  that into the remaining queues (QUEUE or RSS action depending on the
  number of target queues).

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND