[dpdk-users] Why flow can not be created?

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Tue Jul 30 14:25:39 CEST 2019

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 07:37:38PM +0900, Hideyuki Yamashita wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anybody whether PMD other than i40e support
> VID+dstMAC matching?
>
> It is very hard for me to read all PMD code for just to know
> the support of VID+dstMAC as matching pattern.
>
> Somebody, please help me.

Unfortunately right now trial & error using testpmd is the most effective
approach to determine whether specific combinations are supported by any
given NIC.

Ideally doc/guides/nics/features.rst [1] should document each rte_flow
feature reflected in doc/guide/nics/features/*.ini for individual PMDs [2],
but that list is currently too incomplete to be useful.

Now to answer your question, although those are likely not the only ones, I
know from experience that both mlx4 and mlx5 support flow rules matching VID
+ dst MAC simultaneously.

[1] http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/features.html

[2] http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/overview.html

--