[dpdk-users] How to use .last and .spec fields in the Generic Flow API?

Andrew Bainbridge andbain at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 7 12:10:27 CET 2019

Hi Raslan

Thanks for the reply. It sounds very sensible. Unfortunately I can't get it to work.

If I do not set the mask, I get the "range between spec and last is larger than mask" error again.

If I set the mask to 0, then all udp dst port numbers are accepted.

If I set the mask to 0xff, I get, "mlx4 does not support matching partial UDP fields".

Do any of these work on the PMD you use? The generic flow docs (https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/rte_flow.html section 9.2.3) say, "mask is a simple bit-mask applied before interpreting the contents of spec and last", which sort-of implies I need to set the mask to non-zero even when using "last".

I can't find any other relevant documentation or example code.

Thanks,
Andrew