[dpdk-users] [Crypto-QAT] queue pairs per QAT device

Meng Wang meng.w.wang at oracle.com
Mon May 13 20:47:22 CEST 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how queue pairs get setup on QAT. I have
created one VF for each lcore. From qat code it seems support up to 2
qps per device/VF, one for each direction. Then I found that each queue
pair has its own qat_queue rx/tx.

/* Maximum number of qps on a device for any service type */
#define ADF_MAX_QPS_ON_ANY_SERVICE    2
#define ADF_RING_DIR_TX            0
#define ADF_RING_DIR_RX            1

How does the direction of qp correlate to direction of qat_queue? Is one
queue pair sufficient to transmit packet between QAT and application per
core?

Thanks,
Meng