[dpdk-users] [crypto-QAT] how does qat sym pmd setup session

Trahe, Fiona fiona.trahe at intel.com
Fri May 24 11:37:00 CEST 2019

Hi Meng,

[Fiona] the session_pool passed to qp_setup is only for use in sessionless ops.
See API comments in rte_cryptodev.h.
QAT does not support sessionless, so doesn't use this param.

For session based ops, which use RTE_CRYPTO_OP_WITH_SESSION, the session
Is independent of the qp. How it's used is not QAT-specific.
The procedure is to call rte_cryptodev_sym_session_create(pool),
then rte_cryptodev_sym_session_init(dev_id)
Further details are described here:
http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/cryptodev_lib.html