[dpdk-users] pktgen - !PANIC!: *** Did not find any ports to use ***

Stephen Hemminger stephen at networkplumber.org
Mon May 27 16:52:03 CEST 2019

On Mon, 27 May 2019 17:44:17 +0300
Sara Gittlin <sara.gittlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello ,
> I'm running pktgen on a ubuntu-16.0p4 VM w 3 CPU's,
> I added  2 SRIOV VFs  devices to the VM - and i can see them w lspci or
> dpdk-devbind --status
> 00:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection X552
> Virtual Function
> 00:09.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection X552
> Virtual Function

Most likely these devices are missing/not supported by DPDK driver.
Look at the numeric id's (lspci -n) and compare them with the list
of pci ids in the driver source.

In the past with Intel devices it also helped to look at the Linux
kernel driver. Sometimes the missing id's were there and some small
changes to the MAC code was necessary to get them to work.