[dpdk-users] CX4-Lx VF link status in Azure

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Thu Mar 26 19:52:27 CET 2020

Pasting back this important info:
"
Note that ethtool and '/sys/class/net/<iface>/speed' also fails
to report the link speed (but not the link status).
"

26/03/2020 19:27, Benoit Ganne (bganne):
> Yes everything is initialized correctly. The netdev itself is configured and usable from Linux (ping etc.). Just removing the over-strict check in mlx5 PMD is enough for everything to work fine: https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/26152/1/build/external/patches/dpdk_20.02/0002-mlx5-azure-workaround.patch
> The link speed is unknown but this is not issue, and link state and other link info are correctly reported.
> Thomas, any input regarding this behavior in mlx5 PMD?

I am not aware about the lack of link speed info.
It is probably not specific to ConnectX-4 Lx.
I guess it happens only with Hyper-V?

Cc mlx5 maintainers