[dpdk-web] SSI or similar

Andriy Berestovskyy berestovskyy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:51:28 CET 2015

> On 14 Dec 2015, at 21:53, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion.
> The current flat HTML files can be tested locally with just a browser.
> How a change would be tested with SSI?

At the moment all the links inside the HTML files are not relative (i.e. start with a slash), so browser as is does not render the pages correctly anyway.

Having SSI enabled we could separate the content from the rest of the page, say:
/dev.html: // the whole page to test with an HTTP server
  includes inc/header.html
  includes inc/menu.html
  includes content/dev.html // flat HTML file to test with just a browser
  includes inc/footer.html

So the „content" directory could be used to store flat HTML files, but without any headers/menus/footers.

Alternatively, we could build (i.e. concatenate) HTML pages using a makefile or a script. So we could have a structure as above without any code duplication. Then we could build the pages with headers and menus to test them locally or to upload to a web-server.

Andriy