[dpdk-web] outdated statement about version maintenance

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Wed Jun 20 22:24:11 CEST 2018

20/06/2018 18:41, Mcnamara, John:
> From: Thomas Monjalon
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the page https://www.dpdk.org/contribute/ we can read this:
> > "
> > 	Focus is on next version in git HEAD.
> > 	There is no maintenance of previous versions.
> > "
> >
> > It is an old statement from the days we had no LTS, etc.
> > We forgot to remove it.
> >
> > As discussed during the technical board meeting (thanks Kevin for the catch),
> > please can we remove it from the new website?
>
> Yes. Let's remove both lines. If someone submits a patch I will ack it. If that is what we are still doing now that the website has moved.
>
> Is it? I see that the code is in github in Markdown.

No, the page that I am talking about is in Wordpress - www.dpdk.org - managed by the LF.
The process is to request changes here - web at dpdk.org.

We will continue working with patches only for core.dpdk.org.
As agreed today in the technical board, the code will be in dpdk-web.git,
replacing the old website.