[dpdk-announce] release candidate 17.11-rc1
thomas at monjalon.net
Sat Oct 14 03:01:28 CEST 2017
A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
There are 893 patches in this first drop. It is a new record!
It required a lot of work from all the contributors
and especially from Ferruh, thanks :)
The planned release date for 17.11 is in three weeks.
It is time for testing and bug fixing.
It is not expected to integrate a lot more new features at this stage.
However these ones may be part of RC2:
- IOVA scheme wording
- PCI and VDEV move to drivers/bus/
- IPsec offloading with rte_security
- QoS features from dpdk-next-tm
- pipeline improvements
- removals planned in deprecation notices
The release notes are mostly updated:
- ethdev port id increased to 16 bits
- ethdev Rx/Tx offload API reworked
- Marvell Armada drivers
- NXP DPAA1 drivers
- Cavium OcteonTX drivers
- Netronome PF driver
- Mellanox drivers reworked for upstream ibverbs support
- SoftNIC driver for traffic management software fallback
- vhost IOMMU
- GSO library
- Membership library
- Power management updated
- Xen dom0 removed
There are a lot of changes to be tested.
Please pay attention especially to igb_uio with different combinations
of PF or VF drivers.
When finding a new bug, please report it on bugzilla:
Thank you everyone
More information about the announce