[dpdk-announce] release candidate 18.05-rc2
thomas at monjalon.net
Wed May 2 23:48:57 CEST 2018
A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
The release notes are not updated in this RC2:
None of the features planned for RC2 is merged.
It is a release candidate to fix only the major bugs seen in RC1.
It will allow to better progress with 18.05 validation tests.
Major bugs fixed:
- deadlock or crash in control thread initialization
- deadlock in memory initialization
- race condition when freeing
- strong RSS configuration expectation
- buggy atomic exchange on i686
As a consequence, the plan previously announced for RC2 is kept and
renamed as the RC3 plan:
Hope this release candidate will be better for testing,
and that we can have a feature complete RC3 by the end of the next week,
i.e. Friday 11th.
More information about the announce