[dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.08-rc2

Thomas Monjalon thomas at monjalon.net
Wed Jul 24 00:20:53 CEST 2019

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v19.08-rc2
277 patches were integrated.

The release notes so far:
	http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_08.html
It should be completed with a list of tested hardware.

Highlights of 19.08-rc2:
	- completed support of Marvell OCTEON TX2
	- fixed IOVA mode detection (default to VA)
	- fixed interrupt handling
The IOVA mode and interrupt fixes require some careful validation.

The -rc3 should include only some bug fixes or simple cleanups,
and is expected on Monday 29th.
We are approaching August, i.e. the end of this release cycle.

Please prepare your patches for 19.11, announce your roadmap,
and take time to improve our tests and documentation.

Thank you everyone