[dpdk-dev] kni vs. pmd

Jose Gavine Cueto pepedocs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 00:12:24 CET 2013

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in a high-level perspective I see that kni is
providing an option for applications to use their regular interfaces (e.g.
sockets) and abstracts the usage of pmds.

If this is somehow correct, are there any differences with regard to
performance benefits that can be brought between directly using pmd apis
and kni ?

I see that kni is easier to use, however at first (no code inspection)
look, it interfaces with the kernel which might have introduced some
overhead.

Cheers,
Pepe

--
To stop learning is like to stop loving.