[dpdk-dev] Any ideas how to stop DPDK from banning me from the

Gilmore, Walter E walter.e.gilmore at intel.com
Mon Jul 22 14:57:37 CEST 2013

Hi Antti, the current mechanism for scanning the PCIe devices is based on how this project started. Initially the program was using a bare-metal environment then progressed to the Linux userspace model. In the 1.4 release that was just placed on the Intel IBL site we now have a script that unbinds the selected devices and binds them to the igb-uio driver then the Intel DPDK will probe only the devices on the igb-uio. The black-list function can still be used since multiple Intel DPDK's can be run.

In the 1.2.x release you can also modify the configuration file in /config/defconfig_x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc (if using 64bit gcc) and change the CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_IGB_PMD=y line to CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_IGB_PMD=n this will stop the 1GbE devices from being scanned and unbound by the Intel DPDK preventing you from losing connectivity over the 1GbE ports.

Walt