[dpdk-dev] how to find transfer rate ?

Ivan Boule ivan.boule at 6wind.com
Mon Jun 3 09:05:43 CEST 2013

On 06/01/2013 03:38 PM, Nulik Nol wrote:
> Hi all,
> I finally bought my Intel NIC (an I340-T2,
> E1000_DEV_ID_82580_COPPER_DUAL, dev id 0x150E) and ran the dpdk with
> success. But when testing the cards for speed rate with "testpmd"
> program provided in the distribution I can't find the Packets Per
> Second rate, the statistics reported do not show start and end time,
> so I can't calculate how much packets were transferred. How do you get
> this value ?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Nulik

Hi Nulik,

The "testpmd" application is not intended to supply this kind of
information, and more globally to behave as a Traffic Generator.
It has been intentionally designed to forward received packets using
pre-configured port relationships, and it was assumed that all network
traffic variables (packet size, throughput, test duration) would be
performed by true Traffic Generators such as IXIAs for instance.

Best regards,
Ivan

--
Ivan Boule