[dpdk-dev] A question about the installation of DPDK

dvr jinxiu.1006 at 163.com
Mon Jun 24 04:05:05 CEST 2013

hi,
      I'm studing Intel DPDK recently, but have a little problem,
      I know that running DPDK need network card driver - igb_uio,
      but after i unload the igb and load igb_uio, the network card can't be driven ,how could this be?
      Is there something wrong with my hardware? Or I need do some other configuration ?

     # rmmod igb
     # modprobe uio
     # insmod /build/kmod/igb_uio.ko

     # ethtool -i eth0
     cannot get driver information: no such device

    network card : Intel  82575EB Gigabit Network Connection
                              driver:igb
                              version:3.2.10-k
                              bus-info:0000:07:00.0

   Kernel: 2.6.32

  I'm looking foward for your replay, thank you!
   Best wishes!

Maria