[dpdk-dev] rte_eth_dev_count() returns 0

Bhavesh Davda bhavesh at vmware.com
Fri May 10 18:21:36 CEST 2013

Right: VMware has supported VMDirectPath passthrough since ESXi 4.0, on any platform with an IOMMU (Intel VT-d) which is anything Nehalem Xeons or newer.

I know this is a DPDK forum, but Stephen, if you know of specific limitations of ESXi 5.1's SR-IOV support, please let me know and I'll make sure we work on addressing them.

--
Bhavesh Davda