[dpdk-dev] How to know corresponding device from port number

Richardson, Bruce bruce.richardson at intel.com
Tue Nov 26 11:38:53 CET 2013

> Hi,
>
> I have a question about how to know corresponding device from port
> number.
> For example, if I have 4 Ethernet devices and 2 Ring PMDs, I will get 6 ports
> during initialization.
> In the case, how can I know which port corresponds last Ring PMD?

[BR] Firstly, to identify the ring PMD's vs the ethernet device PMDs you can use the information in the rte_eth_dev structure. For each device x, (0 <= x <=5), if you check rte_eth_devices[x], the ring pmd's will have a NULL driver pointer and the pci address given in the pci_dev structure will be all-zeros.
As for distinguishing two different ring ethdevs from each other, I'm not aware of any way to do this, they will just have different eth_dev indexes.