[dpdk-dev] sending and receiving packets

Gopi Krishna B gopi97468 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 12:11:47 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Gal Sagie <gal.sagie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Assigning an IP is a function of the network stack, DPDK and the NIC does
> not need to be aware of that.
> DPDK is just used to poll packets from the NIC and insert them into the
> network stack start point inside rump kernels
>
> In the tcp_http_get example it is assumed you are connected to a DHCP
> server , this call is used to obtain an IP for the interface
> using DHCP :
>  if ((e = rump_pub_netconfig_dhcp_ipv4_oneshot("dpdk0")) != 0)
>
> If you look at the udp echo server example, you can see how to set the IP
> address statically using this call:
>
> if (rump_pub_netconfig_ipv4_ifaddr(IFNAME,
>             IF_ADDR, "255.255.255.0") != 0)
>

> Hi
Thank you for the explanation.
I am observing some problems now. Whenever I execute the ./webbrowser , I
am loosing the SSH connection to the HP server. Why is this happening ? ,
what could be the possible reasons ? I am clueless on this problem.

The setup I have is as below:

HP Server (one nic is for SSH connection (10.127.x.x) , another nic is
controlled by DPDK (192.168.x.x))

Linuxmachine (one nic is for SSH connection(10.127.x.x) , another
nic(192.168.x.x) is directly connected with a LAN cable to the NIC on HP
server controlled by DPDK)

--
Regards
Gopi Krishna