[dpdk-dev] I350 drops packet on rte_eth_tx_burst()

sabu kurian sabu2kurian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:04:05 CEST 2014

Hi Friends,

Thanks for the reply.

This is the portion of the code where the I350 fails to send packet:

for(;;){
                ret = rte_eth_tx_burst(port_ids[lcore_id], 0, m_pool,
burst_size);

                if (unlikely(ret < burst_size)) {
                    for(j=ret;j<(burst_size-ret);j++)
                    {
                    rte_pktmbuf_free(m_pool[j]);
                    }
                    }
                    else
                    {

                    lcore_stats[lcore_id].tx += (uint64_t)burst_size;
                    }

        }

all of the m_pool were allocated using

for(j=0;j<burst_size;j++)
                {
                m_pool[j] = rte_pktmbuf_alloc(pktmbuf_pool);
                }