[dpdk-dev] test setup for l3fwd application running on VM

B Gopikrishna b.gopikrishna at tcs.com
Tue Apr 22 11:12:01 CEST 2014

Update on the below query :
When DPDK is not running,we have the setup working i.e. the TCP client and server as per the below setup are communicating properly.

So now we started DPDK and ran the L3fwd application in VM2, added an arp entry on VM1. Modified the lookup table in l3fwd code as per our setup. Not sure whether the 0  (the if_out) at the end of this entry represents vnic1 or vnic2. Though we tested with both 0 and 1 entries.

{{IPv4(101,0,0,2), IPv4(100,10,0,1),  5000, 6000, IPPROTO_TCP}, 0},

The tcp client is binded to 6000 port and server is binded to 5000. These values are also modified in l3fwd app.

Are we missing something else. Please let us know. Thanks in advance for the help.

VM1                                 VM2(DPDK-L3fwd)                                VM3
vnic1 ------bridge1 --------vnic1             vnic2------bridge2--------vnic1
100.10.0.1                  100.10.0.2        101.0.0.1                        101.0.0.2
(port: 6000)                                                                              (port: 5000)

Regards
Gopi Krishna B