[dpdk-dev] Vmxnet3 pmd

Patel, Rashmin N rashmin.n.patel at intel.com
Wed Aug 13 18:58:10 CEST 2014

Hi Alex,

This is known issue with dev_stop of vmxnet3_pmd. Vmxnet3_cmd_ring_release() routine calls rte_free(ring->buf_info), which should be reused instead. Because it's not being reallocated at dev_start, otherwise reallocation is needed. I've a patch that works for me, I'll submit it after some testing.

Thanks,
Rashmin