[dpdk-dev] [RFC] lib/librte_vhost: qemu vhost-user support into DPDK vhost library

Tetsuya.Mukawa mukawa at igel.co.jp
Wed Aug 27 06:39:25 CEST 2014

(2014/08/27 9:43), Ouyang, Changchun wrote:
> Do we have performance comparison between both implementation?
Hi Changchun,

If DPDK applications are running on both guest and host side, the
performance should be almost same, because while transmitting data virt
queues are accessed by virtio-net PMD and libvhost. In libvhost, the
existing vhost implementation and a vhost-user implementation will
shares or uses same code to access virt queues. So I guess the
performance will be almost same.

Thanks,
Tetsuya