[dpdk-dev] Regarding KNI issue

Venkateswara Rao Dokku dvrao.584 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 11:17:49 CET 2014

HI,

Our goal is to run traffic b/w KVM guest to linux via kni_vhost. The
topology is given below

Physical port eth1 is bound to DPDK using tools/setup.sh.
We did loaded Igb_uio module, allocated hugepages etc.

                      *DPDK port 0*
                            ^

                     ---------------------------
         *Physical port(eth1)*    ~~~~~~    * vEth0*

                          *eth10(different machine connected back-to-back)*

We loaded KNI module and ran the KNI applicaiton with the following command
                *kni -c 0xff -n 4 -- -p 0x1 -P --config="(0,4,6)"*
and we could see vEth0 added in kernel.

1. Now, How can we test traffic with the KNI interface to external world. ??
    We were not able to ping between *vEth0* and *eth10*.
2. We launched a KVM guest machine, and provided *vEth0* as the tap
interface. When we initiated ping to *eth10* from the guest, we can see the
arp requests on* vEth0 (saw in tcpdump)*. But these packets are not
reaching *eth10. *  If we ping from *eth10*, we dont see any packets on
*vEth0*.

Do we need to do any other configuration other than this?
Any help is much appreciated.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Venkateswara Rao Dokku