[dpdk-dev] rte_pmd_init_all() with DPDK 1.7.0

Malveeka Tewari malveeka at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 20:30:41 CET 2014

Hi all

I have a very basic DPDK app that runs in two modes: sender and sniffer.

In the sender mode, the app just reads data from a shared memory buffer and
sends packets out on a port using rte_eth_tx_burst.
In the sniffer mode, the app polls for incoming packets on a port using
rte_eth_rx_burst and writes them to a shared memory buffer.

I was using DPDK-1.6.0 initially and everything worked fine. However, I
recently upgraded to DPDK 1.7.0.For that, I had to comment out the
rte_pmd_init_all() method for the app to compile successfully.
Now, the sender mode still works fine, but in the sniffer mode, the app is
not able to receive any packet.

Am I missing any step in moving from DPDK 1.6.0 to DPDK 1.7.0?
Is there a way to debug why the app is not receiving packets with the DPDK
1.7.0 library?

Thanks!
Malveeka